I am a developer and designer with more than 15+ years of experience creating digital products and services. I thrive in a collaborative environment where development and design are deeply integrated. I enjoy using systematic design thinking that enable teams to create multiple products simultaneously. Combined with particular development methodologies and practices, I can help teams maintain velocity in the face of changing requirements.
Senior Software Engineer (contractor), Korn Ferry, March 2017 – Present
- Refactored their web app from Angular 1.5.8 to React + Redux + RxJS w/ Flow.
- Re-branded and designed the product website.
- Developed the product website with React + Next.js, leveraging SSR for better SEO.
- Created a design system and component library for the product web app.
- Taught my co-workers Functional and Reactive Functional Programming in JS.
- Develop mobile apps using Swift and React Native.
Mobile Application Developer (contractor), Teague, February 2017 – March 2017
- Helped develop mobile and in-car UI’s for testing an autonomous vehicle service.
Head of Design, MileZero, March 2016 – December 2016
- Designed a real-time map and data visualization intense app for managing a fleet of drivers performing same-day services.
- Developed the real-time app using React + Redux + Redux-Sagas.
Principal Design Technologist, frog, April 2014 - Februray 2016
- Helped Daimler select the software tech stack and partner for their new multi-screen interactive meeting rooms in Stuttgart, Germany.
- Helped facilitate the Nordic IoT Hackathon in Lund, Sweden.
- Conducted design research for the Nike Foundation in Africa and SE Asia.
- Lead the development of 3 web apps built in React + Flux to digitize Korn Ferry’s executive search process.
- Built a search engine UI for PWC with Google, Cambridge Semantics and Wolfram Alpha.
- Conducted the initial design research, picked the tech stack and developed GE’s IIDS, an internal design system and component library for web app development.
Senior Design Technologist, frog, January 2009 - April 2014
Senior Developer, Filter Talent, October 2008 - December 2008
Senior UI Developer, Ramp Group, August 2007 - October 2008
Instructor, School of Visual Concepts, August 2007- December 2007
Senior Developer, Razorfish, August 2005 - August 2007
Graphic Designer, Expeditors, August 2003 - August 2005
Associates Degree in 2D and 3D Animation from the Art Institute of Seattle, 1998 - 2001